In these modern times, nothing is more important than maintaining a healthy body. That core belief does not stop when it comes to one of our most precious organs: the eyes. Below are a few things you can eat or practice daily to ensure you are giving the best back to your eyes.
- Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and collards– have antioxidants lutein and zlaxanthin. Which will boost your body immunities and eyes with needed vitamins.
- Salmon, tuna, oily fish- have Omega 3 fatty acid which is good nutrients for eye health and keeping skin soft.
- Eggs & Beans – have lutein, ziaxathin and protein. Giving the strength your eyes need to carry you through daily life .
- Almonds – are loaded with Vitamin E which reduces the speed of macular degeneration ( a very damaging eye condition.)
- Sweet Potatoes & Carrots – have beta carotene, Vitamin A and anti oxidants your eyes need to see clearly.
- Tomatoes – Carotenoids and Lycopene provides good nutrition for the eyes.
- Don’t Smoke – smoking can cause optic nerve damage, cataracts and macular degeneration,and a bevy of other overall health issues.
- Wear Sunglasses – always wear sunglasses that block 99% – 100% of both UVA and UVB rays. Remember- even when the sun is not out those harmful rays can still effect your eyes.
- Make sure you keep your Rx up to date and visit your Eye Doctor regularly. So many people make the mistake of going to the doctor only in times of trouble- the biggest preventative measure is routine exams against any eye issues/diseases.